This section will let you know what is exactly visa extension and renewal in Vietnam and how they are different from each other.
Visa extension is an action that is applied for foreigners who wish to prolong their current stay in Vietnam without leaving the country. By this action, you will get an extension stamp on your passport indicating your new stay duration.
Note: Visa extension is good for single entry only.
Visa renewal almost the same as visa extension as it also allows foreigners to extend their stay in Vietnam without leaving the country.
However, if you renew visa, you will be granted a new visa sticker and stay duration stamp on your passport with the new duration permission. And therefore, the visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because you must pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee.
Note: This service is now not offered by the Vietnam Immigration Office. We will keep you updated immediately upon new developments.
Visa Extension/Renewal Requirements
To extend/review Vietnam visa, your original passport must:
- be valid for at least 06 months from the time of extension/renewal.
- have at least 02 blank pages.
Why should you choose a visa extension?
- The only choice to continue remaining in Vietnam legally after your visa expiry date without leaving the country as visa run is not available during COVID 19
- Save your cost as the extension fee is much cheaper than the renewal fee.
- Avoid being taken into the blacklist of the Vietnam Immigration Department because of overstaying.
- Have more time to settle your business in Vietnam which might be interrupted if you leave Vietnam and then come back with a new visa, or cannot come back in COVID 19.
If you would like to extend/renew your visa (for the first time), please follow these steps:
- Please contact us WhatsApp/ Viber : Ms Hạ: +(84)91 231 00 57
- We will inform you about the visa extension fee and necessary documents
- Please send us the our original passport to our offices.
Hanoi Head Office
Add: Floor 10, Pacific Place building, No 83B Ly Thuong Kiet Str, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Wait some days to get your passport back together with your new stamped visa. See the below table for detail processing time for each type of visa:
|Visa Types for Extension||Processing time||Notes|
|1 month single - Extend 1 month single||5-7|
|3 month single - Extend 3 months single||10||Effective for 3 months visa|
- You’d better extend/renew your visa at least 1 week (for 3 months visa, preferably 2 weeks) before your visa is expired.
- Before you apply for visa extension, your passport must have 2 blank pages at maximum.
- We assist for those extend /renew visa for the first time.
- For tourist and business Visa, this visa extension/renewal is only applicable for 1 month or 3 months (single/ multiple)
- For Diplomatic, Official visas, and other types of visa should be applied through the official agencies or government or business sponsor or contact the Vietnam Immigration Department in person.
* In Hanoi: No. 40A Hang Bai Str., Hoan Kiem Dist., Ha Noi
* In Da Nang: No. 7 Tran Quy Cap Str., Da Nang
* In Hochiminh City (Saigon): No. 254 Nguyen Trai Str., Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City